The Unique Fold Away, Space Saving Concertina Net System
The net system was designed to promote cricket at grass roots level, primarily for use in schools
where space is at a premium.
The net system is either fixed to a wall, posts or a fence: it folds back to 50cm and extends out to
8m – 10m – 12m depending upon size ordered.
• Sporting practise i.e. batting, bowling, catching or rounders.
• Coaching sessions
•Educational possibilities using numbered patches on netting for batters to aim at: helps
children improve their mental arithmetic.
•Out of school hours - clubs or community use.
Benefits to pupils/ participants
• Improve sporting skills and co-ordination.
• Increased interaction with other children.
• Improved team work
• Increased fitness, confidence and mental well being.
Benefits for school
• Versatile, designated, space saving and safe environment to practise without affecting rest of
• Enhanced physical exercise area enabling concentration upon batting / bowling skills.
• Opportunity to have facility to increase childhood activity for both boys and girls with view
to reducing obesity levels.
• Means of introducing cricket to schools which in past may not have facilities to use.
• Reduction of travel time if had to use off site facilities previously.