Who we are
Our website address is: https://demsports.com.
Our Commitment to online privacy
Your right to privacy is important. At DEM Sports we believe that personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality of products, services and support. We display this Privacy Statement to make you aware of the information practices for DEM Sports websites, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time to stay current with changes in our business and to better serve you. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to inform yourself of any changes.
Consent to use and transfer personal dataTypes of data collected online
You can browse most of our websites without entering any personal information. Only general, non-personally identifiable information that DEM Sports logs from all site visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified.
There are times, however, when we or our business partners may need information from you. For example, you may choose to give us personal information when you:
- Purchase products or services
- Make requests for materials, customer and other services, and product support
- Subscribe to newsletters and online services
- Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications.
- Apply to be considered for employment in connection with a job opening at DEM Sports.
- At such times you may be asked to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). Demographic or other personal information may also be requested, however, volunteering such information is optional. By providing the information to DEM Sports you consent to our transfer of this information to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located.
Use of data
DEM Sports uses personal information collected on its websites for the purposes for which it is requested or as necessary or permissible under applicable law (e.g., in some jurisdictions we may have to keep invoices under tax laws). We also may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the products and services you have purchased or to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered by DEM Sports or its business partners. It is important to note that you may opt out of receiving further information from DEM Sports, as discussed in detail below. We use non-personal information to analyse sales trend data as it relates to geography, time and demographics.
With whom we share information
In the ordinary course of business DEM Sports will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others without your consent to do so. DEM Sports may share the personal data you provide online with DEM Sports Companies and as described below:
Affiliated Companies and Business Partners. We work together with affiliated companies and business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above. For example, an external service provider listed below may host or operate an online DEM Sports service. When an affiliated company or one of our business partners is involved in a transaction with you, we may share personal identifying information related to this transaction.
- DEM Sports and other suppliers. We work with and through several suppliers and sub-distributors to provide customers and potential customers with product information and customer service. For example, DEM Sports may forward the contact information of a potential customer to one of our approved suppliers or sub-distributors to respond to a customer enquiry about the products we supply. Or DEM Sports may forward such contact information to enable a DEM Sports sub-distributor to furnish customers with product updates. DEM Sports requires that its distributors and suppliers keep confidential any personal data of customers or potential customers disclosed to them.
- Other Situations. Finally, DEM Sports may release personal identifying information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with law,
- enforce or apply the terms of our user agreements, or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of DEM Sports, our website users, or others.
Please note that our website may contain links to other sites. When you access a third party’s website, even one that may contain the DEM Sports logo and content regarding DEM Sports products and services, please understand that the website is independent of DEM Sports. We do not control the privacy policies of any third-party sites. If you click-through a banner ad or link to a third-party site and submit your information, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. We assume no responsibility or liability for any third-party policies or the actions of third parties. A link to a third-party website is not an endorsement.
DEM Sports will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for DEM Sports products, register as a user of DEM Sports products, services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile, you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from DEM Sports by sending your opt-out request to firstname.lastname@example.org. DEM Sports will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests.
Cookies and options for controlling use of your personal information
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a public area, such information can be collected and used by others. We do not control the actions of our visitors and registered users. If you disclose personal information in a review, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible portion of a DEM Sports website, you do so at your own risk and you understand that your submitted information may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or advertisements, or for other purposes. Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online. Although we will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of your personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. DEM Sports assumes no liability for the disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or actions of unauthorised third parties. DEM Sports cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services.
How you can access or correct your information
You can access or ask for corrections of your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in retrievable form by following this procedure:
- Contact DEM Sport’s Privacy Program Manager at email@example.com by sending a detailed message explaining your request including:
- Full contact information (your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number)
- Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.). Please be very specific about the concerns that led to your request.
- To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to information or making corrections.
- We do not place frequency or fee limits on your ability to access your information; however we reserve the right to decline unreasonable requests for information access and correction. If this right is exercised, we will inform you about the reasons for which your request is declined and explain to you a dispute resolution process should you wish to use it.
- If the information to which access is requested is not maintained in retrievable form, we will explain why access cannot be provided and how this type of information is collected and used.
- If the information to which access is requested is maintained in retrievable form, we will respond to your request within ten working days. Access to the information will be provided in the form of disclosure and will not involve your direct access to our data repositories, on-line or off-line.
How to contact us
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head Office Address: DEM Sports Ltd, The Mill, March Road, Welney PE14 9SE